Topics

locked Does the MD390 use the same software as the MD380? If so what is the best place to download?

Dave Wickert -- AE7TD

New DMR ham here. Santa brought me a new TYT MD-390 (I do know if it has GPS in it or not, don’t know how to tell).

Is the software the same for MD-390 as the MD-380? I cannot find a Windows 10 link specific to the MD-390 programming software (although there are lots for the MD-380).

I do not know how current the CD is that came in the box.  One of the hams in our club gave me his .rdt code plug file. So I am set there.

I just don’t have the software to load the code plug (after changing my DMR Id, call, etc.).

Thanks.

73.

_-_-_ Dave, AE7TD

Randy - K7RHT - Ellensburg

You have to load the MD390GPS version

--
Randy Thomas - K7RHT
Kittitas County Ares EC

Ellensburg Repeaters:
K7RHT repeater on 147.000 + offset 131.8 tone (Linked)
K7RHT repeater on 444.450 + offset 131.8 tone (linked)
K7RHT mobile repeater 145.29 - offset 131.8 tone (emcomm)
KC7DRA DMR repeater 440.925 + offset

Bill - N7MWL

Randy, go to

 http://www.tyt888.com/?mod=download

scroll down to MD-390 and download, enjoy!

Dave Wickert -- AE7TD

What is confusing to a new DMR user (i.e. me) is that there are 5 “MD-390” downloads at that URL with no guidance as to which is which and if one or all apply to me.

BTW: I’m a newbie to TYT and DMR. So if there is a better support group than this for the MD-390(w/ GPS), then please send me a link. I’ve checked Yahoo, Google and iogroups for a MD-390 dedicated one with no success.

Thanks.

73.

_-_-_ Dave, AE7TD

scroll down to MD-390 and download, enjoy!

--
Randy Thomas - K7RHT
Kittitas County Ares EC
Kittitas County SAR-Comms
Maricopa County Ares AEC
Auxcomm
USAF-MARS, callsign AFA0RT
MARS email, afa0rt@...
206-255-9510 Cell
206-418-6541 Vonage
Skype = Runamuk52

Ellensburg Repeaters:
K7RHT repeater on 147.000 + offset 131.8 tone (Linked)
K7RHT repeater on 444.450 + offset 131.8 tone (linked)
K7RHT mobile repeater 145.29 - offset 131.8 tone (emcomm)
KC7DRA DMR repeater 440.925 + offset

Mike - NO7RF - Mazama WA

I agree to the confusion.  I don't do TYT and am no help...but...

It would be best to take your conversion to the PNW group rather here in this main umbrella group.  At least there, you can post your issues and use the hashtag: #programming.  More likely to find other TYT users with experience.

Good luck...locking of this thread and will delete it in a few days or so as it is in a Do Not Post area.

--
Mike, NO7RF, no7rf@..., www.pnwdigital.net